Wondering what the best athleisure outfits are for 2019? Keep reading!
What is Athleisure?
More than ever our busy schedules demand comfortable yet practical clothes. Of course, giving up on style is simply not an option. But how do we combine fashion and function together to create an adorable but totally wearable look?
Athleisure is the answer.
Athleisure, an ever-growing fashion trend that is characterized by athletic clothing that wearers find is both comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. The athleisure trend has grown out of the ever-present usage of the ‘yoga pant’. Although yoga pants were initially designed for use solely in the gym, they’re easy to maintain look, comfort, and simple style led women to start to wear them in a wide range of settings, whether casual or formal.
While it was initially popularized by women, athleisure has spread into men’s attire now as well. Popular athleisure items include leggings, sweatpants, tights, varsity jackets, and hoodies. Regardless of your gender, athleisure wear is about function and comfort. Trendy and good-looking athletic clothes that look gorgeous with your favorite accessories or jacket. The best is that because athleisure wear is so incredibly popular, there’s so many great brands and retailers that sell athletic clothes that are not only affordable but cute too.
The Best-Looking Athleisure Outfits
Function Can Mix With Fashion
Really own the athleisure look by mixing fashion with function, in terms of the athleisure pieces that you invest in and how you plan to mix them into your regular wardrobe. By combining activewear pieces such as sweatpants or a pair of comfy sneakers with more fashionable pieces such as jeans or a leather jacket, you’ll create an exceptionally well-balanced look.
Investing in athleisure pieces that are comfortable, sports-inspired, and stylish will ensure that you get the very best value for money as well as the most stylish look.
Always Dress For The Occasion
While athleisure isn’t really the most appropriate style for the most formal of situations, for example, a job interview or a wedding, it is perfect for a myriad of other. If you are taking your activewear out of the gym and heading out for lunch or evening drinks afterward, you should be more than okay. A general rule of thumb is that the more formal the location or occasion, then the more fashionable your outfit should be.
In contrast to this the more casual the occasion, then the more activewear you can incorporate into your outfit.
Accessories Are A Must
In order to achieve a more ‘complete’ athleisure look, it is vital that you accessorize appropriately. Stick to a sleek and sporty vibe but always add a touch of your own individual flair. For example, a pair of sunglasses, a baseball cap, or a stylish backpack are the perfect finishing touches to your athleisure outfits. Also, don’t forget about jewelry. Jewelry will add the perfect street style touch to your athleisure look, but be careful not to overdo it. A simple pair of gold or silver hoop earrings or a thin chain necklace is all you need for the perfect style.
The Do’s Of Athleisure Wear
- Create the perfect balanced look by mixing sporty pieces into your regular fashion wardrobe.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative when it comes to mixing pieces and layering.
- Always follow seasonal activewear trends.
- Mix traditional fashion fabrics, such as denim and leather, with high-performance, sportier fabrics.
- Make sure that all of your athleisure pieces are clean and in good condition – nobody wants to see sweat stains, even if you have just come from the gym!
- Don’t Just wear any old thing that you is appropriate for the gym, it’s got to have a certain degree of style.
- Don’t overuse accessories and jewelry to complete your outfit – keep it subtle.
- Don’t abandon your ‘signature’ style, just slightly reinvent it.
- Don’t mix up too many bright color or prints.
How You Should Be Wearing Athleisure
- Layering sports pieces under regular fashion items, such as a sports bra under a leather jacket or leggings is a perfect starting point.
- Use sneakers and slides as your go-to footwear.
- Make leggings more streetwear appropriate by pairing them with longer tops or tying a shirt around your waist.
- You can even get away with wearing athleisure to work by replacing your blazer with a bomber jacket, or by mixing up a sporty T-shirt with tailored pieces.
- Pair a crop top with high-waisted pants for a stylish yet easy athleisure look.
Now that you have read this guide to the best athleisure outfits for 2019, you are well on your way to creating a look that will have you standing out from the crowd, whether you are at the gym, at work, or enjoying a few drinks with your friends thanks to this guide you will always be looking your very best.