I made these two sweet treats for a Galentine’s Day party over the weekend and they were a hit with the gals! My husband (and I, oops) couldn’t stop eating them when I was making them so they are both husband and BFF approved!
These treats would also be great to bring to a work party or to make for your kiddos to bring to school (more so the popcorn recipe than the strawberries). You could buy little paper bowls and fill them with the popcorn, wrap them in cellophane and tie them with a bow to hand out as little gifts. If you want to give the strawberries to someone as a gift, you could buy a cute tin and put the strawberries inside. Your loved ones will adore these treats no matter how you decide to wrap them up!
Continue reading to get the ingredients and directions to my white chocolate popcorn and chocolate covered strawberry recipes.
Sweet & Salty White Chocolate Popcorn
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- 16 ounces of white melting chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- Valentine’s M&M’s
- Mini chocolate candy hearts
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Pop both bags of popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate (in 30 second increments) in a microwave safe bowl. Once completely melted, add a drop of red food coloring to the chocolate and stir to make it pink.
- Pour melted chocolate over popcorn and mix thoroughly. Add as much white chocolate as you want. I like to make sure the popcorn is completely covered with chocolate.
- Let the white chocolate cool for a few minutes.
- Once the popcorn is about room temperature, add the M&M’s in and stir. Make sure the popcorn and chocolate has cooled down so it doesn’t melt the M&M’s.
- Once the M&M’s and popcorn are mixed together, sprinkle some chocolate candy hearts on top to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Approximately 20 medium-large strawberries
- 1 bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar
- Red food coloring
- Parchment paper
- Ziplock bag
- Rinse the strawberries and dry on paper towels. Make sure they are thoroughly dry before dipping them in chocolate.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 second increment, until fully melted.
- Hold the strawberry by the leaf and dip into the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip in the bowl. Place dipped strawberry on parchment paper.
- Once all of the strawberries are dipped in chocolate and placed on the parchment paper, melt the bar of white chocolate in the microwave. Melt the white chocolate the same way you melted the chocolate chips.
- Add a drop of red food coloring into the white chocolate and stir until it turns the shade of pink or red that you desire.
- Add the white chocolate into a ziplock bag and cut a tiny bit of the corner off of the bag. Squeeze the bag and drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate strawberries for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy these two Valentine’s Day themed recipes. Please let me know if you try them out and what your thoughts are! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentine’s Day!