Christmas is such a special time of year for me because of my family’s traditions. My sisters and I used to decorate Christmas cookies together every year when we were little, but sadly that tradition started to fizzle out when we got older. I decided that I wanted to bring that tradition back this year!
I found the most DELICIOUS recipe for soft Christmas sugar cookies that I wanted to share with you. If you would like to see the recipe I used for these cookies, keep on reading!
Henry was begging for a cookie the whole time I was baking them!
Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth with a handheld mixer. Add the sugar and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fully combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add about half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients bowl, beating until combined. Add the rest of the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Lay parchment paper on your counter as a work space. Sprinkle flour over the parchment paper, and dump dough onto paper. Flour top of dough and rolling pin. Roll out dough to 1/3-inch thickness or whatever thickness desired. (The thicker the cookies, the softer they will be).
- Cut out shapes and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown (time may vary based on thickness).
If you want to make these cookies taste EXTRA delicious, you can add this next step that I love to do! I bought vanilla frosting and Christmas colored sprinkles to frost the cookies with. This step seriously takes these cookies from a 10 to a 15 on a scale of yumminess!
If you try out this recipe, let me know! They are super simple to make and they taste sooo good! The only problem is they are so good that they may disappear a little too quickly 🙂 Merry Christmas and happy baking!
4 thoughts on “Christmas Sugar Cookie Recipe”
Thank you excited to get started have a blessed holiday & happy New Year 🙂
Thank you Mary, you too!! 🙂 xo, Kimmie
Hi, Kimmie! This post made my mouth water just looking at it!!! I think you can add cooking show to your many talents!!! Love, Lisa
Thank you so much Lisa! You should really try the recipe…I’ve already made them 3 times and I’ve been requested to make them again 🙂 xo, Kimmie