Wedding season has officially begun! I love this time of year because it’s so special to see my closest friends and loved ones tie the knot. There are several things to think about when choosing the perfect dress to wear to a wedding, so I have listed the top 5 most important tips to remember when picking out your dress.
5 Wedding Attendee Fashion Tips
1. DON’T wear white. This rule seems so obvious but some people overlook it. This day is about the bride, so let her be the only one in white!
2. Think about the bridal party. Do you know what color the bridesmaids dresses are? Besides white, the color of the bridesmaids dresses is another color off limits to you. You don’t want to awkwardly be mistaken as a part of the bridal party if you aren’t in it. If you don’t know what the bridesmaids are wearing, I’d suggest going with a patterned dress like this one or this one.
3. Dress appropriately. Maybe you just bought an amazing cutout dress that you are dying to wear. Save that dress for a girls night out and choose another dress with unique details that is more appropriate for a fancy occasion like a wedding. I love the neckline on this black dress and this blush dress.
4. Keep the location in mind. It’s important to think about the setting of the wedding when you’re shopping for your dress. Is the wedding indoors, on a beach, in a barn? Bright colors like blue and coral are great options for beach or destination weddings. Flowy maxi dresses are also great for outdoor weddings.
5. Don’t feel like you need to buy something new. If you have to spend a lot of money on a flight to the wedding you’re attending, save some money and re-wear an older dress! You can play it up by adding accessories or trying out a new hairstyle.
I hope these tips have been helpful! Tag @kjschier in your Instagram posts so I can see your wedding outfits!