January is a month of new beginnings. The past year is behind us, and it is time to start fresh, re-evaluate our goals from 2016, make new ones, and prepare to have a successful year ahead. This may seem like a very daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. I have several tips that will help you get more organized in the new year, which will in turn help you be more successful. I don’t know about you, but when I have a clean and organized house, I feel like I can conquer the world! This is how we should all feel throughout the entire year of 2017.
5 Tips for Staying Organized in 2017
1. Clean out your closet: When you declutter your home, you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders! Closets can be messy (I’m speaking from experience). When you let clothes pile up for too long, things can get extremely messy and that adds unnecessary stress to your plate. Choose a weekend (sooner rather than later) and clean out your closet. If you haven’t worn an article of clothing in over a year or more, toss it. There is no better feeling than having a clean, organized closet, and being able to donate your clothing to people who really need them. An organized closet=an organized mind.
2. Part with old makeup: Just like the necessity of cleaning out your closet, it is also necessary to clean out your makeup collection. Check the expiration dates on older products and get rid of them if they have gone bad. There is nothing more stressful than having a cluttered makeup drawer that has expired products that are just sitting there collecting dust! Just remember, when you clear out the old stuff, you are making room for new things 🙂
3. Write things down: This is such an important tip. When you write things down, you are more likely to remember to do them and therefore accomplish them. Get a journal or a calendar and write down your cleaning schedule, shopping lists, your goals and whatever else is important to you. When you see something in writing, you take it more seriously!
4. Set goals and check up on them every month: You can set as many goals as you want, but if you don’t hold yourself accountable then they will not get accomplished. Set your goals and then check up on how you are doing with each goal every month. The more you visit your goals, the more likely you will be to successfully complete them.
5. Repeat: These tips aren’t meant to be used once and then put up on a shelf for the rest of the year. January does not have to be the only month we all decide to get super organized and get down to business. It is important to follow these tips all year long. To stay organized is a great feeling, so why not stay on top of things for all of 2017?! I believe that having an accountability partner is the key to success, so I would love to be yours, as long as you promise to be mine! Let’s hold each other to high standards all year long, so we can all be successful and organized throughout the entire year ahead.
SHOP MY FAVORITE PLANNERS: